Friday, July 1, 2011

Choices.

Choices... We have so many of them. So many that it could drive us crazy! It's pretty incredible how our lives are literally shaped by the choices we make, isn't it? We have the power to create any life we want simply by making choices... and acting on them.

We can wake up in the morning and choose to make it a great day. And then, make it a great day.
and
We can wake up in the morning and choose not to make it a great day. And then, not make it a great day.

We can make our days great regardless of what happens. There will always, always, always and... you guessed it... ALWAYS be events that will occur that may make it a little difficult, or sometimes very difficult, to make days great. Getting fired, broken up with, in a car accident, or injured are just a few nice little examples of events that can, scratch that, will occur.  These events are "conveniently" inevitable. Let's face it, this is life.

My friend's car got broken into last week, and my purse was stolen. Two days went by, and I still found myself so livid and frustrated with the situation. But then I realized that I was choosing to react that way. I snapped myself out of it, and then chose to take it as a lesson learned and move the heck on. I made choices and then acted on them.

I had planned for over a year to leave this August for the Peace Corps. I even had turned down a few job offers. Then, just a few weeks ago I find out that my program was cut because of budget cuts. I was SO heartbroken. For about a day. And then I made a choice to move on and grab another great opportunity by its balls. I acted on this choice, and within a week I secured a great job at a killer company. Why? Because I made choices... and acted on them.


It's up to only you, as an individual, to make choices. 

Make positive choices that make days great... no matter what convenient event may occur.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin it's Lam! I've read some of your entries and think you've got an amazing outlook on life! So awesome how the power of choice and attitude really does has profound impact on our lives! I know the whole thing with the peace corps was a real bummer, but I'm a big believer that what happens in life do so for a reason that will lead up to other great opportunities! Things really aren't all that random. Don't believe me??? Well maybe this will convince you:
    http://microsolutions2macroproblems.blogspot.com/2010/09/random-thoughtsor-are-they.html

    ReplyDelete